Kratom is a natural supplement that has been used for a long time now for mood enhancement and relieving body pain. The herb is manufactured explicitly for medicinal value and is also meant to reduce anxiety, lower blood pressure levels, improve sexual performances, depression, relief pain, and diabetes, among other conditions. However, the consumption of the herb may result in severe headaches, nausea, loss of appetite, and sedation, among other effects.
There are usually different varieties of the kratom herb, some of which include the maeng da kratom, Red Bali, Green Malay, and white Indo kratom, among other stains. The kratom effects, therefore, depends on the particular dye used. Some may cause very severe headaches, while others may not risk you to any side effects. However, this depends on how your body reacts to the alkaloids elements of the herb.
Maeng Da and Thai kratom headaches
According to the research conducted by the FDA in February 2018, these two strains have higher risks of causing severe problems due to their high stimulating effects. However, the user abilities to respond to these stains may also determine the extent of the kratom effects on their bodies.
Why these kratom headaches occur
Kratom headaches may not happen to all users and are therefore related to how your body responds to the elements used in the herb. Some of the kratom headaches causes may thus include;
- The consumption of kratom expels liquids from the body and may, with time, make you dehydrated. Once the body is dehydrated, the brain will tend to contract or rather shrink due to fluid loss hence causing the brain to act like it’s pulling away from the skull, which thus causes severe pain.
- You will experience some severe headaches, and you will, therefore, need to take enough water to reduce the effects.
- A high dosage can also be a significant cause of kratom headaches, and you should try hard to avoid such dosages. Trying a new strain of the kratom or even acquiring the drug from unlicensed vendors may also result in a high dosage, which in turn causes the side effects of the herb.
- You are therefore advised to take just the right dosage as prescribed by the physician.
- New users are great victims of kratom headaches due to stress. The fear or rather the anxiety of consuming a new drug or even a different strain of the herb creates some tension, which in turn, results in severe headaches.
How to Cure kratom headaches
There are quite many ways in which you may reduce or completely cure the kratom headaches. We have highlighted some of the ways that you may take into consideration to get in control of the situation.
Drinking enough of water
- Drinking enough water is a great way to treat kratom headaches. As mentioned earlier on, kratom has some diuretic properties and hence leading to loss of high amounts of water from the body.
- This thus makes you dehydrated, causing severe pain since the brain is not able to function effectively. You, therefore, need to drink more water each day to contain the situation.
- If you were already taking plenty of water, then you may increase your daily take, probably getting an extra glass of water daily would make you better.
lowering kratom dosage
- Kratom strains are packaged in different quantities meant to suits each user’s needs. Environmental factors such as rainfall, sunshine, and the harvesting time also impacts on the kratom leave content. The packaging. among different vendors may also vary. Some vendors will tend to produce kratom powder that is so strong, and you can only take it in low amounts.
- Other new batches may, however, be risky to consume since the alkaloid content may be different from what it is perceived to be. Taking the usual dosage may even mean an overdose, and you, therefore, need to be careful about the vendor from which you are buying the herb.
- it is recommendable to stick to your usual vendor, but you should also try to lower your kratom dosage. It inky takes a few days before the body adjusts to the changes, and you may achieve a headache relief.
- Some migraine effects may be a result of poor sleep. You may feel depressed, anxious, and also experience severe headaches simply because you didn’t have enough time to rest even after chewing the kratom leaves.
- You, therefore, need to get a good sleep or get enough rest to relief yourself from such adverse effects. Taking a bath, listening to some soft music, and even taking a walk to the city may be excellent techniques to relax your body from the regular duties hence achieving the kratom headache relief.
- Sometimes it may difficult trying to identify the exact cause of the headache. You may try keeping a diary recording your experiences each time you consume the herb and the specific strain and the dosage that you took.
- The regular patterns will help you get to identify the actual triggers and thereby give you an idea of the best relaxation techniques to consider.
Trying different strains
- Some people may be sensitive to a particular kratom strain. You may feel agitated due to the continuous use of a specific form, and you can, therefore, opt for a different variety of the herb for a better experience. Every strain is unique, and taking a different dosage may make everything work out well.
Kratom can be the best medication if you are experiencing some general body aches or if you need to enhance your moods. However, the herb can result in other adverse effects, which include dizziness, headaches, loss of appetite, confusion, depression, constipation, and increased urination. You are therefore recommended to consume the best strain that suits you best and also take smaller dosages that are fit for your health based on the physician’s prescriptions. If you are not sure of the effects of the variety that you are buying, you may ask for some free samples and see how it works. It is a great way to test the efficiency of new strains without fully committing them.