If you, your family member, or a close friend were experiencing chronic pain and went to the doctor you would likely have two options. You could get a prescription for painkillers or you could get a prescription for CBD. Both options can help alleviate your pain, but the side effects of each are drastically different. Prescriptions pills, like opioids, could change your life forever because they could start you on a dangerous path of becoming an addict. You would likely need to take more pills at stronger doses over time to feel any kind of relief. While CBD is still considered to be taboo to some people it has tremendous benefits with very few side effects.
The use of CBD has become a controversial issue in the past few years. Many lawmakers, doctors, patients, While many people believe that the substance should be illegal or used for only medical purposes, there is a great deal of evidence supporting its use to the general public. It comes in a variety of forms and can be used to help people with a variety of problems. There are many benefits that outweigh the consequences of using CBD, resulting in a CBD stand that is highly in favor of using CBD.
What Does CBD Stand For?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. CBD is made up of chemical compounds that are commonly found in cannabis, which is also known as the marijuana plant. Many people hear the word marijuana and assume that CBD should be illegal, however, CBD is much different than the traditional marijuana people think of. Marijuana typically causes people to feel “high.” Unlike marijuana, CBD does not typically contain THC, tetrahydrocannabinol, and therefore does not result in the user feeling “high” or experiencing other psychoactive feelings. Many states have begun to recognize the benefits of CBD oil and as a result, it is now legal in 30 states.
Benefits of Using CBD
There are many benefits of using CBD and there is a great deal of research that can support these benefits. With the huge push for states to legalize marijuana, many researchers have begun conducting large studies about the effects that marijuana and CBD have on general populations. These researchers have looked at the benefits and the consequences, but most studies have shown that the benefits far outweigh any consequences. Here are some of the benefits that researchers have found when studying people using CBD.
#1) Pain Reliever
- CBD is known to help relieve pain because there are certain chemical elements in CBD that have pain-relieving effects. CBD can help reduce chronic pain by reducing inflammation of the neurotransmitters that tell your nervous system when you are in pain.
- RAther than taking prescriptions every day people have chosen to use CBD to help them find relief from their chronic pain. Many researchers and users of CBD say that CBD is better at relieving pain than prescriptions and comes with far fewer side effects.
- CBD has been found to relieve pain in those suffering from cancer, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, nerve pain, and chronic muscle pain.
#2) Reduced Anxiety and Depression
- Depression and anxiety affect large populations of people all around the world. People of all ages, from teenagers to the elderly, suffer from anxiety and depression.
- Many people with these mental health disorders are forced to live their lives on prescription drugs and have to suffer the side effects associated with these drugs.
- They may never find true relief from these disorders and their lives can be significantly affected by them.
CBD has shown to significantly reduce the effects that anxiety and depression play on a person’s life, with almost no side effects. Studies have shown that CBD has the ability to boost serotonin levels in the brain and this can ultimately enhance one’s mood and make them more social. Those suffering from anxiety or depression can use CBD to improve their mood and overall well being. CBD can allow people to feel more normal without suffering other debilitating side effects.
#3) Reduced Symptoms Related to Cancer
- Getting diagnosed with cancer is one of the most difficult and challenging things that a person has to go through in their lives. Fighting cancer can be an uphill battle that takes years to win.
- Not only does cancer often involve surgery, but it typically involves radiation and chemotherapy that can take a huge toll on your body.
- It can reduce your appetite, leave you in pain, make you feel nauseous and constantly tired.
Recent studies have shown that CBD can help those fighting cancer by reducing the symptoms that are often linked to cancer and cancer treatments. CBD can help relieve the chronic pain that most people have with cancer. It can reduce the feelings of nausea and help you feel hungry. Since CBD can reduce the feelings of nausea people begin to hold down their food, resulting in better nutrition. When your body gets the nutrients it needs you naturally feel better and your body has a better chance of beating cancer. CBD is a natural alternative to prescriptions and because of its healing properties, many people have elected to use it when fighting cancer and undergoing treatment.
#4) Helps Improve Gut Health
- Many people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and other gut issues. There are few things that are able to help those suffering from these disorders, however, CBD has recently been found to help people suffering from these disorders.
- While CBD cannot cure irritable bowel syndrome it can help reduce the symptoms of this disease. Those using CBD often experience fewer cramps, less diarrhea, and limited constipation.
- The compounds commonly found in CBD can help your body’s muscles and nerves relax and ultimately help your bowels function more normally.
#5) Ability to Help Manage Seizures
- People who suffer from epilepsy or those who have seizures often need to be medicated to find relief from their symptoms and make their disease manageable. Often times children are given anti-epileptic prescription drugs to manage their condition but these prescriptions often need to be increased over time to have the same effect.
- Recently, researchers have found that CBD can be used to help manage the side effects of people suffering from epilepsy. Recent studies have found that the number of seizures decreased by nearly one-third of people who suffer from epilepsy.
- There are little to no side effects of using CBD and the benefits of using it for people who have epilepsy for frequent seizures is tremendous.
#6) Reducing Opioid Abuse
- Opioids are a huge problem in America and around the world. Opioids are often prescribed to young people after surgery and then abused later in the teen’s life. Opioids are also used to treat adults who suffer from chronic pain, but as the person ages and the effectiveness of the opioids start to decrease the strength of the prescription must increase.
- This often leads to opioid abuse and opioid addiction. In the United States, there are seven thousand people treated in the emergency room each day for misuse and abuse of prescribed opioids.
- Prescribed opioids may not be the best solution for those suffering from chronic pain or for those who recently had surgery.
Recent studies have found that CBD can provide the same relief that prescribed opioids do. This has resulted in many lawmakers, doctors, and patients questioning which is better for the country, prescription or medical marijuana. Researchers found in a study in Michigan that when medical cannabis was used to help treat pain there was a 64 percent decrease in opioid use and patients said there paid significantly decreased. In another study, it was found that 44 percent of opioid-using patients who started using medical cannabis was able to quit using opioids after therapy.
These studies show that CBD can sometimes be used in place of prescription drugs. CBD can help reduce pain after surgery and reduce the number of opioid prescriptions that are written each year. CBD can stop people from abusing opioids and can also help those who are addicted to opioids beat their addiction. The use of CBD as prescriptions has many lawmakers and doctors working to figure out the best solution for their patients.
#7) Reduced Acne
- Acne affects a large portion of the population worldwide and there are few prescriptions that can actually reduce the effects that acne has. Those suffering from acne often have lower self-esteem and a lower confidence level and will try almost anything to get rid of it.
- Many of these prescriptions that doctors prescribe have side effects that can change a person’s daily life. Recent studies have shown that CBD may be able to reduce the appearance of acne with almost none or no side effects. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties and researchers have found that CBD can reduce sebum production, which causes acne.
- CBD’s ability to treat acne and reduce inflammation has many people using it in order to see these benefits.
Side Effects of Using CBD
While there are many benefits of using CBD there are also a few minor side effects that people need to be aware of. CBD can cause nausea in some users,
- dry mouth,
- and bloating.
While the side effects will vary among individuals these side effects typically last only three to four hours. The severeness of the side effects depends on the individual, dose, and frequency of use. Before trying CBD you should always consult your doctor to determine the best course of action to treat your symptoms. If you believe you could benefit from using CBD you should talk to your doctor, look into the various forms of CBD, and research more about the product you are looking to use.
Various Forms of CBD
If you are looking to use CBD and experience the benefits that it has to offer you should be familiar with the different forms of CBD.
- One of the most popular forms of CBD is CBD edibles. These edibles are infused with CBD and are commonly used by people who want their use of CBD to remain discrete.
- CBD edibles come in baked goods, lollipops, and most the most common form of gummies. Edibles allow people to eat their CBD without anyone noticing. This allows people to take their edibles to work or to other functions.
- CBD oil is another common way that people can enjoy the benefits of CBD. CBD oil is made from the extraction of oil from the cannabis plant. CBD oil can be used when vaping or it can be used in a dropper. Many people use CBD oil because the effects of CBD oil can hit your body faster than taking a gummy or a pill.
- CBD oil can also be used in a pill form. Companies have started producing pills containing CBD. These pills help people take CBD while keeping it discrete. It looks like any other pill so no one is able to tell what it is. Many people prefer to use CBD in pill form because it is discrete and easy to take.
While the use of CBD is still a highly debated topic, the benefits of using CBD far outweigh the consequences. CBD products do not typically contain the THC elements that produce a “high.” Most CBD products allow their users to find relief from the chronic pain that they cannot find relief from. The benefits of CBD can help reduce the abuse of opioids around the world and help eliminate the number of opioid addicts that exist.
CBD products reduce the number of prescription drugs that users take and therefore significantly reduce the number of side effects people experience. CBD helps people with mental health disorders, those suffering from cancer or undergoing cancer treatments, people suffering from seizures, and even those with acne. Using CBD products can change your life for the better and help you find relief from the symptoms that are causing you pain. CBD is a beneficial natural product that has significant benefits to help many different people worldwide.