Cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabinoid derived from the marijuana plant, has truly shifted the paradigm for the treatment of many conditions away from pharmaceutical medicine and towards a more natural, holistic approach to health care. Available in many forms, CBD can be used to treat a wide range of conditions.
While some people prefer to smoke their CBD, ingesting it in pill form can have many benefits. That’s why CBD pills have become extremely popular, with more and more options available each month. Here, we take a comprehensive look into CBD pills for pain and how they can work for you.
What are CBD capsules?
- For people who don’t want to get high, CBD is the perfect treatment for common ailments. Despite being found in the cannabis plant, CBD is not a psychoactive compound, so you can enjoy all the benefits of cannabis without getting high.
- Due to the growing popularity of CBD, you can find the compound in many different formulations.
- For those that like to smoke, CBD can be acquired in the form of an oil that can be mixed with e-juice and used in a vape pen. To relieve aching muscles, CBD-infused creams can be used.
However, for non-smokers
- Who wants a whole-body effect, CBD pills for pain are the ideal way to go. CBD capsules are a special formulation of CBD, where the oil is infused within a soft gel matrix and shaped into a small pill.
Why choose a CBD capsule over oil?
CBD capsules offer many conveniences over using CBD oil. Oil can be tricky to work with, and there are initial costs involved in getting the tools to be able to smoke it.
- When you ingest CBD oil, the effects can be felt faster. However, they will also wear off quicker than if you take CBD capsules.
- You can also dose more consistently with capsules. Not only do you not have to measure each dose before you take it, but the capsules are also extremely stable and, unlike oil, spill-proof.
- This is great for people who need to take their CBD with them on trips. They also have no taste, which can make them much easier to ingest than oil. All you need is a glass of water, and you’re good to go.
CBD dosage is a variable between users
- The amount of CBD you should take depends on what disorder you are treating. The list of ailments that CBD can treat is constantly growing.
- CBD was the first thrust into the spotlight when it was used to treat a little girl with a rare form of epilepsy who suffered hundreds of seizures per week. CBD was effective in completely stopping the seizures.
- CBD dosage varies vastly between users.
- Though the bioavailability of CBD is higher when vaped, ingesting CBD in pill form results in the metabolism of the compound in the liver and storage of the remaining CBD in fat cells and released gradually over time. This means that with consistent usage, oral consumption of CBD pills for pain is an effective treatment regime for long-term use.
Not all CBD capsules are created equally
- There are different types of CBD capsules available, which will work for you in different ways. Some capsules contain CBD in the form of an isolated, which means that the CBD is extracted from the plant alone, and contains no other ingredient.
- Full-spectrum CBD capsules, on the other hand, contain all of the other cannabinoids and terpenes found in the plant. There are actually over one hundred cannabinoids found in hemp. These compounds have a synergistic effect on each other, which means you’ll feel more benefit taking CBD pills for pain than using just CBD isolates.
- You’ll also find that some CBD capsules contain additional supplements, such as vitamins and minerals, where others don’t. In general, these extra ingredients won’t make your CBD work better or worse, but you may find a benefit in your overall health by using these extra vitamins.
CBD has no side effects, only good effects
- CBD itself has little to no side effects and is considered very safe for both short-term and long-term use. However, not all bodies are created equally, and as such, some people may find themselves sensitive to the compound. The most often reported side effect is fatigue, which is helpful for users who suffer from insomnia.
- CBD pills for pain come in a variety of doses, and the reason for this is that it is safe to take in any dose. While some people may only need a small amount to see a reduction in their pain, others may need to experiment with different doses to find the right dose for them.
- A good rule of thumb is to start with a dosage of 1-6 milligrams of CBD for every 10lbs of body weight. If you do not see any pain reduction, then increase your dosage.
Where to buy CBD pills for pain
- CBD can be found in health food stores and pot shops. For those that prefer to shop online, there are many web stores that sell CBD in all its formulations. We have provided a comprehensive review of the ten best CBD capsules for the pain to help you choose the right CBD capsules for you.
Best CBD Capsules for Pain of 2018
1. CBDfx Capsules 750mg Full Spectrum CBD Pills
- CBDfx has established themselves as one of the premier manufacturers of CBD products, and their reputation is well deserved.
- With a focus on producing the best and most extensive range of CBD-infused items, CBDfx provides the easiest way for the first time CBD users to experience the benefits of CBD.
- The company performs third-party laboratory testing on all of their products, so you know that you’re getting what you’re paying for.
- Each pill contains 25mg of CBD which means you can scale up as needed. The pills are also 100% organic.
Pros: completely organic; no added calories or sugar.
Cons: it can be expensive; there are no flavors.
2. CBD Genesis Capsules
- Available in two strengths – 25mg or 50mg – the CBD Genesis capsules are a great choice for someone looking for a little extra in their CBD pills.
- Formulated in a soft gel capsule, this product is another all-natural offering made from European grown hemp.
- CBD Genesis is often rated one of the higher CBD producers due to their range of CBD products as they have been extensively used and laboratory tested to give you peace of mind.
Pros: capsules are available in multiple strengths; excellent value compared to other offerings.
Cons: CBD Genesis doesn’t provide details on their hemp source.
3. Cannabinoid Complex
- Of all the CBD pills for pain, the offering from Cannabinoid Complex is unique because of the all-natural ingredients found within the pill and is designed to be used as a supplement for overall well being. Containing 25mg of full-spectrum hemp extract, this product is made from Colorado-grown hemp by manufacturers with over 20 years experience in the nutritional supplement industry.
Pros: uses enhanced USDA organic CBD; supplement that will support your health in many ways.
Cons: it can only be purchased online.
4. McHudson Farm CBD Extract
- McHudson Farm is another big name in CBD manufacturing as they create high-quality CBD supplements without the use of harmful chemicals.
- With a user-friendly website containing comprehensive information about their products, this brand focuses on delivering not only a quality product but also all the information you need to decide if the product is for you.
- On their website, you’ll find quality assurance certificates and information about their laboratory testing, and they have a great 90-day money-back guarantee.
Pros: very transparent company who cares about their customers; uses hemp that is organically grown in Colorado.
Cons: you can’t buy the products in retail stores, only online.
5. Highland Pharms
- Highland Pharms produce CBD pills for pain that come from ultra-high grade hemp plants and are certainly one of the most inexpensive of all the products on this list.
- A caveat to that, however, is that you won’t be getting much information as to the source of Highland Pharms’ hemp, nor do they proclaim to perform laboratory testing.
- If you want to try CBD for the first time in a quick manner, Highland Pharms deliver within three days, and they offer coupon codes for first time orders. This will help you expend less while you search for the right solution for you.
Pros: inexpensive; will be delivered within three days.
Cons: no transparency about their processes; no laboratory testing.
6. Elixinol CBD Capsules
- Made from the highest quality organic hemp using CO2 extraction, Elixinol CBD capsules are perfect for people looking for a solid product that is backed up with safety and quality testing.
- Elixinol is made without synthetic additives and has been supplemented with Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids to promote whole-body wellness as they maximize the effect of CBD.
- In terms of treating pain, the Elixinol product is probably the best on the list.
Pros: safety and quality testing results are available on the manufacturer’s website.
Cons: can be more expensive than other products.
7. cbdMD CBD Capsules
- cbdMD offer CBD pills for pain in many concentrations, which means that you can tailor your dosage as you see fit. cbdMD has grown in popularity amongst CBD manufacturers due to their customer service and excellent product, and the cbdMD full spectrum capsules are no different.
- The only downside to the cbdMD CBD Capsules product is that it is on the higher end of the price spectrum, so it may be a lot of money to expand without knowing the quality.
- As a high-quality hemp product manufacturer, cbdMD utilize organic US-grown hemp containing high concentrations of CBD combined with state of the art CO2 extraction to deliver a product that you can trust.
Pros: high-quality product; extraction process and product manufacturing process are carefully monitored at multiple steps and laboratory tested.
Cons: expensive due to the quality of the product.
8. PlusCBD Oil Capsules
- PlusCBD aims to deliver the highest quality hemp-derived CBD oil on the market and attests that their CBD oil capsules are gluten-free, non-GMO and grown without any herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides.
- It is one of the only CBD pills for pain that claims to be vegan-friendly.
- Users have found that while the capsules claim to contain terpenoids, essential oils, and cannabinoids, there is little information about the exact ingredients to be found online or listed on the bottle.
- These pills come in an ultra-low dose of 15mg per serving, so they are great for those who haven’t tried CBD before.
Pros: low dosage for scalability; vegan-friendly.
Cons: users have complained about the lack of exact ingredients.
9. Hemp Bombs Capsules
- If you’re looking for CBD pills for pain that has a great community rating, you’ll find no better than the Hemp Bombs Capsules.
- You can get these pills in bottles containing as low as five 15mg capsules, which contain not only CBD but GABA, L-Theanine, Magnolia bark, Passiflora and Scutellaria which ensure a wide range of health benefits.
- These pills were created for any budget, and they use premium grade European hemp for the product. Third-party testing results are available on their website.
Pros: the company has lots of attention to detail; the product comes in low doses which are budget-friendly.
10. Lenitive CBD Capsules
- Created by multiple sclerosis survivor and media personality Montel Williams, the Lenitiv hemp-derived CBD capsules are great CBD pills for pain that have two different formulations: Alert and Relax.
- The formulations were manufactured using different terpenes which can affect anxiety, depression, and pain in different ways, so they are designed to be taken at different times of the day.
- This product is all-natural and comes in one dose (50mg).
Pros: you can choose your formulation to suit your needs.
Cons: very expensive.
- If you’re looking to move away from pharmaceuticals in your pain management regime, then CBD pills for pain can be an attractive alternative.
- Created using natural ingredients and extracted from industrially grown hemp, CBD, the non-psychoactive constituent of cannabis, can decrease your pain while having a positive effect on your general health and wellbeing.
- By using our guide, you can find the right kind of CBD capsule to suit your requirements.